Recipe by Canned Food Alliance
- latin, spanish, lunch, dairy free, nut free, sugar free, vegetarian, main-dish, soups, 4th of july
- 1 can (46 ounces) reduced-sodium tomato juice
- 1 can (15 ounces) chopped tomatoes
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 cucumber, chopped
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped, fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped, fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped, fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple-cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Croutons or bread sticks*
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve with croutons.